Wanna be a trailblazer in your business? Use Tax Advice.
FOR EMPLOYEES IN ACCOUNTANCY BUSINESSES
Would you like to be coached on how to deliver a Tax Diagnostic Review?
It’s a service that could have you trailblazing and autonomous, within your firm.
Tax Diagnostics are earning firms around £500 minimum, per client/review. And some Tax Diagnostics can be needed annually.
If you're an employee looking for ways to enhance your work experience, to take ownership of your role, and to make more money, one of the best things you can do is take on more responsibility and take work off your business owner's shoulders.
Why not talk to your employer about Tax Diagnostics? The aim of the Tax Diagnostic game is to reveal tax advisory opportunities for your clients. The worst-case scenario is that nobody is looking for tax advice opportunities. The most likely scenario is that your firm deals with Tax Advisory queries ad-hoc, when they present themselves.
If that’s currently the case, then spotting one specialist opportunity and referring it to an expert is a huge win, in my opinion. With Diagnostax Coaching, you could be spotting 10’s, 20’s, 100’s! Nobody is expecting you to give any advice that you shouldn’t be. Your only mission is to spot the opportunities that are currently being missed.
I can guarantee you, things are being missed. Don’t worry it’s not a big deal. It’s tax. There’s 17,000+ pages of tax legislation. Nobody is spotting and taking action with everything. With tax, we’re all just trying to deal with what we come across.
But that means there’s loads of untapped opportunity, Tax Diagnostic fee income, and then further specialist advisory income to me made. And you could be the catalyst within your firm.
It’s a service that an employee like you could end up having some KPIs built around, and with targets, perhaps you would wangle some bonuses! You’ll be doing your business a huge favour, generating fees from Tax Diagnostic Reviews, and then further fees for the Tax Advice that comes off the back of it. All that's needed from you is time, other than that Diagnostax will supply the training, coaching, and monthly guidance & support. We can have a call every month to catch up on progress and agree next actions.
If you’re thinking about taking ownership and giving it a shot, here’s a few tips on how you might want to approach the subject with your managers/business owners:
1. Be proactive: Don't just wait for ideas to be assigned to you; be proactive in seeking out opportunities to take on more responsibility. You’ve got an opportunity right here, make a plan, schedule a meeting, and the rest can follow.
2. Communicate your interest: Let your business owner know that you're interested in taking on more responsibility and are eager to learn new skills. This will show that you're invested in the company and committed to its success. You might need to communicate more than once.
3. Be reliable: If you're taking on other tasks, it's important to deliver results in a timely and reliable manner. Make sure you're meeting deadlines and delivering quality work with your current responsibilities. This will justify that you’re ready to take on something new.
4. Take ownership: When working on a project, take ownership of your role and contribute ideas and suggestions for how to make it successful. Show your business owner that you're invested in the project's success, and that you're willing to go above and beyond to achieve the desired results. We don’t want to suggest something that ends up consuming the business owner’s time, and not yours.
5. Demonstrate leadership: As you take on more responsibility, don't be afraid to take the lead on projects or tasks. This will demonstrate your leadership skills to your business owner and show that you're capable of handling more responsibility. Final sign off should always be a group decision, when trying something new.
By taking on Tax Diagnostics, you’re taking on more responsibility, and taking pressure off your business owner's shoulders. Not only will it enhance your experience as an employee, but you'll also be able to make more money and advance in your career. Remember, it's not just about doing the work that's assigned to you; it's about taking ownership of your role and contributing to the overall success of the business.